Is it true: a)-Tony Anthony went to Nicosia Central Prison in Cyprus b)-Tony Anthony was incarcerated in Cyprus in December 1989 aged 18 years and 5 months c)-Tony Anthony worked within the criminal ‘underworld’?
Tony went to Nicosia Central Prison in Cyprus in December 1990 aged 19 years and 5 months. There is a typing error in Taming The Tiger (see page 121). click to view:
- Prison Release Card from Nicosia Central Prison
- Scans of photographs from the library in the Greek side of the prison:
- Michael Wright’s First Letter To Tony
- Selection of letters received in Nicosia Central Prison
- A photograph of the Nunns who gave Tony a home when he was deported from Cyprus:
- Footage of Tony speaking to prison guard at Nicosia Central Prison, Cyprus
- Guard from Nicosia Central Prison Remembers Tony
- Interview of Tony speaking at the Police Station in Cyprus (1)
- Interview of Tony speaking at the Police Station in Cyprus (2)
- Tony visits Nicosia Central Prison (2)
- Interview of Tony talking about readjusting to life in UK (Taxi Cab)
- Interview with John & Carolyn Nunn – Complete (The people who Tony lived with when he was deported from Cyprus)
- Interview with John & Carolyn Nunn explain why they let Tony stay with them.
- Interview with Tony explaining how he felt living with the Nunn family.
- Interview with Tony giving an account of leaving Nicosia and meeting the Nunn family.
Yes, Tony was involved in serious crime, which is what led to his incarceration in Nicosia Central Prison, Cyprus.
A note from Tony regarding the length of time he served in Nicosia Central Prison: I have referred to the length of time I was incarcerated in Nicosia as being 3 years and have done so since I was released and deported to England. My sentence was for 2½ years with an additional 3 months imprisonment prior to the sentence being passed. I was released in November 1992 (my full sentence was up to May 1993). As I created my time-line, I noted my incarceration was for over 2 years and I want to apologise for the error I have made in my testimony relating to this.